A* Pathfinding Project

Jittery rotation for RVOAgents

Hi,
I am using the latest A* Pro 4.2.11 for my project.
In my project agents are using RVO for local avoidance, but while chasing player on gridgraph(using AIPath + Kinematic RigidBodies) they sometimes have very weird jittery rotation.

Can i filter/smooth out RVOAgents rotations so as to eliminate this sudden rotation changes.

Thanks

Hi

The current beta (see https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download) has some improved rotation filtering when using RVO. It’s still work in progress though and there are still some cases where I’d like to improve the result.

Thanks for suggestion I tried the latest 4.3.11 on 2019.3f5 and i can confirm it has almost eliminated 90% of the rotation jitters happening before in RVO.
But is it possible to back-port these changes to 4.2.X branch as Unity 2019.3 is still not production ready with many packages still in preview states?

Hi

Great!

I think that rotation filtering code could be backported. The AIPath script has has code for applying that filtering. I can’t remember exactly what part of the code it is since I don’t have access to the code right now, but I think if you open the script up you should be able to find it fairly easily.