Issues placing points with the graph update scene component

I am having issues placing points via the tooltip, I am using pro 5.09, and the latest unity LTS solution 2022.3.24f

the tooltip indicates using the transform tool and holding shift, I have tried all 6 tools on the scene panel, and none of them are working. Any idea what I need to do?

My goal is to assing tags to a grid graph for a 2d game, I want to assign weights to each grid square, and have the ai perfer to travel on some rather than others.

Thanks for any assistance!
Katia

Hi

Yeah, I’ve noticed that it is a bit flakey sometimes. I’ll investigate this. Maybe it’s due to being in 2D mode or something.

If you want to assign tags to a lot of squares, then using a grid rule might be a better option. See RuleTexture - A* Pathfinding Project

Sadly in this case that wont work, my level is comprised of many game objects, rather than one large texture. I will try to see if I can add via being not in 2d mode.
I can group things on layers, but I think i saw in one post that the per layer modification isnt really unity layers but rather something to do with height and thus wont work for 2d?

How likely is it just a limitation of the pathfinding solution? to do weighted 2d graphs, am I better off building out my own solution for 2d?
Thanks for your help!
Katia

Hi

Thanks!
I’ve made some improvements to that component when used in 2D mode. The fixes will be included in the next update :slight_smile:

Weighted graphs are definitely supported. It’s just a matter of how to set the weights.

If you have a more complex setup, you may even want to write a custom grid graph rule: Writing Custom Grid Graph Rules - A* Pathfinding Project