Exception: Axis-aligned connection not found 5.0.4

After the update from 5.0.2 to 5.0.4 i get a new error (followerEntity):

Exception: Axis-aligned connection not found
Pathfinding.PathTracer.RemoveGridPathDiagonals (Pathfinding.Funnel+PathPart[] parts, System.Int32 partIndex, Pathfinding.Util.CircularBuffer1[Pathfinding.GraphNode]& path, Pathfinding.NNConstraint nnConstraint, Pathfinding.ITraversalProvider traversalProvider, Pathfinding.Path pathObject) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@5.0.4/Utilities/PathTracer.cs:1907) Pathfinding.PathTracer.SetPath (System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] parts, System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] nodes, UnityEngine.Vector3 unclampedStartPoint, UnityEngine.Vector3 unclampedEndPoint, Pathfinding.Util.NativeMovementPlane movementPlane, Pathfinding.ITraversalProvider traversalProvider, Pathfinding.Path path) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@5.0.4/Utilities/PathTracer.cs:1973) Pathfinding.PathTracer.SetPath (Pathfinding.ABPath path, Pathfinding.Util.NativeMovementPlane movementPlane) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@5.0.4/Utilities/PathTracer.cs:1946) Pathfinding.ECS.ManagedState.SetPath (Pathfinding.Path path, Pathfinding.ECS.ManagedState state, Pathfinding.ECS.AgentMovementPlane& movementPlane, Pathfinding.ECS.DestinationPoint& destination) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@5.0.4/Core/ECS/Components/ManagedState.cs:127) UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception) Pathfinding.ECS.ManagedState:SetPath(Path, ManagedState, AgentMovementPlane&, DestinationPoint&) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@5.0.4/Core/ECS/Components/ManagedState.cs:137) Pathfinding.ECS.RepairPathJob:Execute(LocalTransform&, MovementState&, AgentCylinderShape&, AgentMovementPlane&, DestinationPoint&, ManagedState, MovementSettings&, NativeList1, NativeArray1&, Allocator, Boolean) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@5.0.4/Core/ECS/Jobs/RepairPathJob.cs:89) Pathfinding.ECS.RepairPathJob:Execute(ArchetypeChunk&, Int32, Boolean, v128&) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.arongranberg.astar@5.0.4/Core/ECS/Jobs/RepairPathJob.cs:61) Pathfinding.ECS.RepairPathJob:Unity.Entities.IJobChunk.Execute(ArchetypeChunk&, Int32, Boolean, v128&) Unity.Entities.JobChunkProducer1:ExecuteInternal(JobChunkWrapper1&, IntPtr, JobRanges&, Int32) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.16/Unity.Entities/IJobChunk.cs:416) Unity.Entities.JobChunkProducer1:Execute(JobChunkWrapper`1&, IntPtr, IntPtr, JobRanges&, Int32) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@1.0.16/Unity.Entities/IJobChunk.cs:363)

Hi

Are you using any custom ITraversalProvider? Or any tags?
Would it be possible for you to show the graph in the scene view where this happens?

Hi, no custom ITraversalProvider, but i use erosion tags.
I’ve tried to remove erosion tags, but the error remain.

edit: the problem is the 8 connections setting, with 4 it’s ok

I performed the same upgrade (5.0.2 > 5.0.4) and replaced units using AIPath with FollowerEntity, and did not change anything else.

I now (sometimes) see the same errors as you do during runtime. I’m using a GridGraph with tags (but no erosion tags), and no custom ITraversalProvider.

Have you tryed to put Connections to 4? With that setting at 4, I no longer have any issues. Obviously, Aron will try to fix the bug, but setting it to 4 doesn’t mean the movements have lost precision (in my case).

That did fix it (thanks for the suggestion), but the strange thing is, I set it back to the original value of 8 (and didn’t change anything else) to check it was reproducible, but now I no longer get the error messages.

Still there for me if i use the value to 8, maybe you need a scan to update to 8. I’m glad it’s working for you now; also, now I know I’m not crazy and that I didn’t imagine that exception :slight_smile:

Exception still there in 5.0.5. Not a problem for me (I’ve set at 4 the value), just i don’t know if u need or want help.

I have the same problem on 5.0.5 on a very simple flat floor. I also have 8 connections.
I guess going to 4 connections will solve the issue.