Errors after Upgrading fro 5.0.4 to 5.0.6

I’m using Unity 2022.3.21f1 and have A* Pathfinding Pro.

Before upgrading from 5.0.4 to 5.0.6 I tried to delete the folder Packages/A* Pathfinding Project/ but the folder couldn’t be deleted with a popup message and warning in the console “The operation “SoftDelete” cannot be executed because the selection is a root folder”.

So, I proceeded with the upgrade anyway, and after importing I got 3 error messages in the console:

Packages\com.arongranberg.astar\Core\ECS\Jobs\JobDrawFollowerGizmos.cs(15,9): error CS0101: The namespace ‘Pathfinding.ECS’ already contains a definition for ‘DrawGizmosJobUtils’

Packages\com.arongranberg.astar\Core\ECS\Jobs\JobDrawFollowerGizmos.cs(14,3): error CS0579: Duplicate ‘BurstCompile’ attribute

Packages\com.arongranberg.astar\Core\ECS\Jobs\JobDrawFollowerGizmos.cs(17,24): error CS0111: Type ‘DrawGizmosJobUtils’ already defines a member called ‘DrawPath’ with the same parameter types

How can I fix this?

1 Like

I managed to fix this myself:

With Unity closed, I deleted the /ProjectName/Packages/com.arongranberg.astar/ folder and then just imported the 5.0.6 version.

These errors were quite unexpected since I was upgrading from 5.0.4 Pro to 5.0.6, rather than from v.4 or a Free version.

Anyway, It’s fixed now.

2 Likes