Enemies are not Moving until they get forced to move a tiny bit

Hello so when i setup my enemies they seem to work fine, canmove is enabled. Path is set, seeker got the target.

But to make them finally start moving towards the target i need to pick the enemy in scene view and move it a tiny bit on the z or x axis. the Upaxis Y doesnt work.

Any suggestions why this is happening? Here is a video showing my problem.
(Sure i could force every enemy to move the characterController on it by 0.1f on z Axis, but that feels wrong. I must have done something wrong when setting this up)

Iam using Richai, Seeker, DestinationSetter.

Thank you

Hi

It looks like you are using root motion? Together with the MecanimBridge script?
If so, make sure that your animation is set up so that even at low velocities, the agents actually try to move forward.

Hi thank you for getting in touch, currently iam not using mecanim bridge. Iam using the root motion but i thought the characters are still getting moved by richai. Iam not planning on using the mecanim bridge, because my animations dont use an x/y value and dont have an inputMagnitute of 0.1f to 1f, instead it is -1 to 1f.

I found the problem in my own locomotion script. Where i set the locomotionvalue to stop before the target is reached. because otherwise it would have looked like the enemy is walking on the ground but not getting forward. AI is nearly at 0 velocity and it still moves in the animation.

And there was the problem i was setting the animation to 0f when ai.velocity.magnitude was smaller than < 1f. While iam still wondering why the moving works after attacking, because then the character is stopped for the duration of the attack.

Any idea how to prevent the animation from playing when the target is reached? On Target Reached seems to slow.

thank you

If you are using root motion, then you need custom code. Otherwise the RichAI component will move it and the root motion will move it. That will probably be pretty confusing.

You can check the MecanimBridge script to see how it solves it.