Default parameter specifiers are not permitted (CS0241)

Hi,

Just imported the free version and started following a tutorial, but on first compile i get 15 errors with “Default parameter specifiers are not permitted”…
Some googling later, I try changing monodevelops target framework from “mono/.net3.5” to “mono/.net4.5”, that kinda removes this error, but brings on 25 new errors of “The type or namespace name ‘GraphNode’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)”…

Am I doing something very wrong?

Unity 4.3.3f1
Monodevelop 4.0.1

Hi

Huh, thought that error was gone now…
When compiling in monodevelop, it seems to sometimes dislike default parameters on methods. Try compiling in unity instead.

Yeah, I had the same problem. I am still having that problem. If by ‘compile in unity’ you meant ‘build’, that didn’t help any. Actually, the scene refused to build because of AstarAI parsing error and identifier expected. What else is there to do?

I am not sure.
The “correct” solution is to change to .net 4.0 (as from http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/176305/default-parameter-specifiers-are-not-permitted.html ), but you had already done that so…

I am having the same issue and it was working fine. Everytime I reopen unity/monodevelop it resets to mono/.net3.5 but the last time i changed it it comes up with the same 24 errors.

I’m getting that issue as well. I changed to mono 4 and I got 4 CS0241 errors and 6 warnings. Has it been fixed yet?