Can't add script component AstarPath because the script calss cannot be found

I have no idea what caused this or what I did to make it happen in the first place. Suddenly, AstarPath is no longer a valid script. I had it working a few days ago and have just been working on unrelated animation stuff since then. But obviously, I did something, as it probably didn’t break on its own.

I can’t find any error messages related to this script. As far as I can tell from the AstarPath code, it should inherit correctly from monobaviour. It is no longer available in the Component menu or component button on the object. If I try to drag the script onto my controller object (where I used to have it), I get the error on the image.

Screenshot 2024-02-03 102649

I’m using 4.3.92 with Unity 2022.3.16f1.

Any help in how to getting this sorted out would be very welcome as I’m lost for what to try next.

I uninstalled it for beta and reinstalled it, but nothing changed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it based on the latest asset store version 4.2.19, and now the component is back again; in the latest beta, it was missing, and on prefabs that had it included, it was listed as AstarPath script. From the drop-down menu for the component, the Pathfinder entry was missing while this problem was in effect.

If I can get older versions of the beta, I’m willing to do some uninstalls and reinstalls to try and see which version this happens in. The problem broke my project, as no pathfinding could be used with this problem in effect.

Hi

Did you make sure there were no compilation errors when you were using the beta?

I did check for that. But I wanted to prove it, so I uninstalled the asset store version I have been playing with today and reinstalled the beta, and now it works. So, I guess something I did during the day changed it. Maybe it was an unnoticed compile error at that time. Now it works at least :slight_smile:

just for future reference, i have this problem whenever i change the package version. All you need to do is select the package folder, right click, and reimport it

2 Likes