4.3.62+ compile errors with the ECS stuff

getting a ton of errors just upgrading from 4.3.61 and im pretty sure theyre all related to the ECS/jobs/burst stuff. I know you guys just added some new ECS components which is cool but, I dont even use ECS in my project so there should be a define or something to remove those dependencies

I could be wrong, but I believe that ECS is a new requirement if you want to use the latest APFP beta. Also, FYI, the latest APFP is broken when using the latest DOTS packages (1.0.0-pre65). I had to comment out all my A*PFP code this month because of it.

1 Like

dont use latest beta yet. it is very cool update with big changes so its need time to be polished /
its an option to choose versions/ i use stable 61
Astar_22

Has there been any announcement on if/when the package will work with 1.0.0-pre65?

1 Like

unfortunately not yet

2 Likes

I noticed that Aron has replied to another thread, so he is at least back in some capacity and hopefully we’ll see a ECS 0.65 fix soon. The banner at the top of the forums says he would be back 7 days ago.

Hi

4.3.67 has now been released, and it is compatible with the latest ecs package. Sorry for the delay.

1 Like

updated to 4.3.68

That is not an error coming from the A* Pathfinding Project.
I suspect you have a version of Unity not compatible with that particular version of the collections package.

4.3.71 is not compatible with ECS 1.0.8. Poor Unity just can’t stop breaking stuff! :laughing:

1 Like

Sigh…

Yeah they really can’t stop.

I’ve uploaded a new beta which fixes the compatibility.

1 Like

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@2.1.0-pre.11\Unity.Collections\FixedList.gen.cs(23,13): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘Properties’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Unity’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)

• a ton more errors.

I am on Unity 2021.3.26f1 and 4.3.66 A* pro

what versions do i need to go on to get my project to stop opening in safe mode? Thanks!

Hi

As noted on the download page, the beta requires Unity 2022.2.10f1 or later.

1 Like