4.3.13 General errors

Hi,
I am testing the latest beta version 4.3.13 and demo Example11_RVO -> RVO does not work, I created a new project 2019.3.3f1 but it gives me 2 errors, I attach an image, the 2D demo RVOLightweight works and it is also superfast 100+ fps 30000 agents, I wanted to know if it doesn’t work just for me and how can i fix it.

Thanks for the support

Some more info:

NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
Pathfinding.RVO.SimulatorBurst.AddObstacle (UnityEngine.Vector3[] vertices, System.Single height, System.Boolean cycle) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/RVO/RVOCoreSimulatorBurst.cs:899)
Pathfinding.RVO.RVONavmesh+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.b__0 (System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] vertices, System.Boolean cycle) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/RVO/RVONavmesh.cs:113) Pathfinding.GraphUtilities+<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<GetContours>b__1 (System.Collections.Generic.List1[T] chain, System.Boolean cycle) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/GraphUtilities.cs:126)
Pathfinding.Polygon.TraceContours (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2[TKey,TValue] outline, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet1[T] hasInEdge, System.Action2[T1,T2] results) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarMath.cs:1510) Pathfinding.GraphUtilities.GetContours (Pathfinding.INavmesh navmesh, System.Action2[T1,T2] results) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/GraphUtilities.cs:123)
Pathfinding.RVO.RVONavmesh.AddGraphObstacles (Pathfinding.RVO.ISimulator simulator, Pathfinding.INavmesh navmesh) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/RVO/RVONavmesh.cs:108)
Pathfinding.RVO.RVONavmesh.OnLatePostScan () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/RVO/RVONavmesh.cs:67)
Pathfinding.RVO.RVONavmesh.OnGraphsPostUpdate () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/RVO/RVONavmesh.cs:46)
Pathfinding.GraphModifier.TriggerEvent (Pathfinding.GraphModifier+EventType type) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/GraphModifier.cs:88)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Pathfinding.GraphModifier:TriggerEvent(EventType) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/GraphModifier.cs:101)
d__142:MoveNext() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1805)
AstarPath:Scan(NavGraph[]) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1626)
AstarPath:Awake() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1277)

Thanks for the support

Or maybe it just wasn’t implemented yet, after all it’s a beta.

Hi

Ah. Yeah it looks like I forgot to remove obstacles from that example scene in the beta. RVO obstacles are not implemented in the beta yet. You can remove the RVONavmesh component from that scene and I think it should work. However the agent may push each other off the navmesh sometimes.

Hi,

now it works!
for the demo scene some small fixable error:
There are two Grounds, the second prevents you from seeing the agents, the “_TintColor” property is not present in the Particle / Unlit shader with “_Color” Cutout Overlay work.

Thanks for the support

I’m trying the examples and reading the documentation to understand how to integrate A * Pathfinding into my project, I know it’s a beta, I send the errors that I find and I hope that a stable version will come out soon.

• RecastExample: when I press “P” to throw obstacles it gives me errors:

Not allowed to access vertices on mesh ‘’ (isReadable is false; Read/Write must be enabled in import settings)
UnityEngine.Mesh:SetVertices(Vector3[], Int32, Int32)

Thanks for reporting that exception.
I made a similar fix for the 4.2 branch a few days ago but I didn’t think it was also a problem in the 4.3 branch. Turns out it was.
This exception is due to a recent change in how Unity handles mesh data uploads.

I have released beta version 4.3.14 now which fixes this issue: https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download