[Solved]BUG? - Graph Update Object updating unrelated parts of graph

Hi All.

I’m having an issue with Graph Update Objects.

We use a recast graph, and use the GUOs to update parts of the graph that are blocked by locked doors.
This method has been working very all this whole time.
Now I came across an issue however. Below a stair case, there is a door that gets locked. As soon as the door runs its graph update, the stair case becomes “locked” as well. The bounds of the GUO and the stair case DO NOT intersect. in fact there is quite a distance between the nodes and the bounds that are being updated.

In the first image, you can see the staircase portion (circled in green) and the location of the door object (circled in red) before it is activated, and calls the graph to update.

In the second image, you see the red connection that have been modified on the staircase, and a Debug gizmo drawing the bounds of the GUO (the red solid cube).

Does anyone have any insight as to way this is happening? what are we doing wrong?

This is with latest 3.7.4, and unity 5.3. I’m also including a screen shot of the graph settings.

OK.

Found my solution here http://forum.arongranberg.com/t/graph-update-scene-modifying-all-in-y/2229

1 Like