Recast Graph Path Cutting Through Walls

Hello, I’m using the latest version of the astar pathfinding plugin. I’m using a recast graph, and I’m calculating a new path every frame. I noticed that sometimes when my character is close to the edges of the graph that it will generate a path that cuts through my walls.

I’ve been able to reduce the issue to a very simple test scene which i’ve included. I’ve omitted the astar plugin itself from the test scene, but if you have trouble getting the scripts set up again I will send you the scene with my astar plugin in it privately. Just run the scene and view the gizmos drawn by the seeker.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/917639/BrokenPath.zip

Hi

It’s hard to tell with the info I have, but this might be related to a bug with the FunnelModifier that has been fixed in the current beta.
Do you think you could try out the beta and see if that improves things?

Sure, I am using the FunnelModifier so I will give it a shot.

Actually, I can’t seem to download the beta, as I just upgraded my license to 4.0 yesterday. I only seem to have an invoice number for 3.0 which isn’t unlocking the beta for me.

When you upgraded you should have received a pdf invoice by email from Unity, that should contain your new invoice number. Are you sure you didn’t get it?

Ahh, indeed I do. I was looking for it in the asset store purchase list. Thanks. And yes, this sample scene now works as expected with the new Beta.

Cheers

1 Like