PointGraph + AIPath + RVO + AlternativePath = Crash

Hey all,

As stated in the subject I have a PointGraph+AIPath+RVO setup and it’s working the way I would like it. I’m trying to add an AlternativePath modifier to my agents and it’s crashing essentially randomly. Which is a shame because when it’s not crashing it’s doing almost exactly what I want.

Some info:

• This scene has 15 agents to test with. I need to support upwards of 50.

• The agents are repathing every 0.25 or 0.5 seconds depending on which they are.

• Editor.log is giving me this log feedback:
    Very high penalty applied. Are you sure negative values haven’t underflowed?
    Penalty values this high could with long paths cause overflows and in some cases infinity loops because of that.
    Penalty value applied: 4294966296

• I’m not modifying the AlternativePath fields at all. They are default.

• I’m also not doing anything to the path penalty values outside of letting AlternativePath modify them. Perhaps I’m missing something I should be doing?

Thanks for any help!

-L

Hi

What version are you using?
Some possibly related fixes have been made in the latest version.

3.7. Probably worth noting this is running in 4.6.6

For the record, if I change the GraphNode.Penalty property setter to:

set { if (value > 0xFFFFFF) { Debug.LogWarning ("Very high penalty applied. Are you sure negative values haven't underflowed?\n" + "Penalty values this high could with long paths cause overflows and in some cases infinity loops because of that.\n" + "Penalty value applied: "+value); penalty = 1000; } else { penalty = value; } }

It avoids the issue and functions as I would expect. Still