Pathing Up Steps

Hey All - I am looking to allow the AI to path up cubes. I set the climb value to the size of the cube and the path looks to generate correctly, but the agent does not adjust its height and just walks through the blocks.

If I reduce the distance as show in the picture the collider is able to push the capsule up,

The few things I am trying to find out how to do are below. Any help or pointing in a direction is greatly appreciated!

1. How to make the agent go up in Y-axis as it climbs the step?
  2. Is it possible to have a different climb up value than climb down value? Meaning they could climb up the stairs and when they got to the top they could jump down.

Hi

Which movement script are you using? The default movement scripts just use a raycast from the character’s center to position itself on the ground. Maybe the steps are too tall for that to work?

Is it possible to have a different climb up value than climb down value? Meaning they could climb up the stairs and when they got to the top they could jump down.

no, this in not possible.

Hey - I am using the basic AIPath. I and currently testing using the setup described in the video tutorial you provide. Would you suggest another movement script? Are there ways to path to the cube, realize that it is a certain height, climb it (adjust the y-axis), then continue pathing?

None of the built-in movement scripts will work great for that. Unfortunately you might need a custom movement script, or some external script to for example play a climb animation at the correct time (though getting this right might be fiddly).