Not allowed to access vertices on mesh

Hmmm. That can’t be it. The import settings say that it as a readable object…
Either it’s a Unity issue or there is some other object called ‘Curve’ in your scene.

Just this one. Also, reds are popping out even if I disable that object alltogether. But, man - I have nothing with that name.

At first it popped also for another object, but there Read/Write option helped to resolve the issue [it was not ticked by default].

I really have no idea what is causing this… Unity normally allows accessing mesh data in the editor, and if read/write is true then it really should allow it. Maybe something is corrupt in the Unity metadata? I can’t think of anything else.

Having the same problems here, multiple errors while in scene view. Any update?

Unfortunately still persists. I guess once in Build, it does throw an error, but works, but I have yet to test it more.

Hi, sorry for necroing, but I have the same issue on 2021.2. Rebuilding the library solves it, but it reappears on the build. Easy workaround is to check Read/Write on fbx import settings of each assets present on the scene…

@Spitap
Yes, this is required if you are rasterizing meshes and want to rebuild the mesh in a standalone build.
The section called “Some meshes were statically batched” on this page Error messages - A* Pathfinding Project discuss a related error and some ways to handle it.

1 Like