Local avoidance on a planet's surface

Hi,

I’ve been using the pro version of A* for a while now, and it’s been great for the project I’m working on (an RTS where units can walk on planets). One issue that I’m having right now, however, is implementing local avoidance on a planet. It seems that the local avoidance system wasn’t configured to run on spherical surfaces, and the topic I found that asked about it a few years ago didn’t have a positive answer.

What I would like to know is: is there any way to adapt the existing local avoidance system to support movement on planets, or do I have to write it from scratch? Any pointers would be appreciated.
If it’s of any relevance, I am using a point graph and a custom movement script.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I just sent you an email a few minutes ago, it seems you started this thread at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, take a look at this thread, you might find it interesting: Navmesh on a spherical planet

Hey,

I noticed your e-mail only after posting this thread. I sent you a reply to that e-mail.

That other thread managed to slip my radar as I was searching for answers, but it’s incredibly useful.