Keep seeker on right hand side of movable area?

Hello,

Is there a way to keep the seeker on the right hand side of whatever path they are moving along? This would allow me to keep cars on the right hand side of the lanes they are on.

Cars are currently staying on the road correctly, as long as the road is tagged as something that seeker can traverse. However, depending on the turn direction of the road, the seeker can end up on the left hand side.

I would love to tell seeker to stay on the right half of the movable area, going in the direction they are headed. Even if they are flush to the right, that would be fine.

Hi

You can sort of hack it together if you manually disable all node connections in the direction that you do not want the unit to move in. It would be a slightly unstable solution though.

1 Like

Thank you for always tackling these questions :slight_smile: I wish I could hire you for a couple hours sometimes, just so that you can help me perfect my usage of your asset.

What you are saying is right along the lines of what I had originally written in my post above, before completely rewriting it. I could have 4 waypoints on each 2-lane road piece, marked with manually placed empty gameobjects. Each lane on the piece would have two waypoints, at both ends, in the center of the lane. Then, based on whether the seeker is trying to move up, down, left or right, you send them along the relevant waypoints from one road tile piece to the next, until they reach their final destination.

One of my concerns with this approach, is that you will end up having a lot of waypoints to get to their destination. Also, some waypoints may end up being quite close to each other, and I wonder if that will make the seeker move erratically.