interested in buying package

Hello, I am interested in your product but I need to know if it meets my requirements since I have purchased other packages and have not been served, such as the polarith package after spending € 84.87 I am not using it …
My game is played in an RTS that controls 1 or more units, these units can not collide with each other or step on other agents, basically what I need is the same movement that Dota2 uses.
This package can do the same movement as dota2? Thank you

Yes it can, here’s an example video:

and here’s the documentation:
https://arongranberg.com/astar/documentation/4_2_7_0b5deb87/localavoidance.html

Hi

While @Jarbles mentions that this package does support local avoidance, just pure local avoidance is usually not enough for Dota-like movement.
I have done experiments in a beta branch with movement that is a lot more similar to Dota however (it is based on the movement in the SC2 engine). Here is a video showing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBUdMXeeej0&feature=youtu.be

This beta can be downloaded here: https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/download (click on ‘Show Older Versions’ and then download the one labelled ‘rts’).

Note that for a game like Dota, you will most likely have to write your own custom movement scripts at some point as there are so many special movement behaviors in that kind of game that using the built-in ones will likely not be enough.

Hello, I bought your product and after trying the rts mode I have not managed to obtain the desired result.
I would like to know if my needs are going to be resolved.
Here I attach a video with the main problems:

-second 0-40 withdrawal of troops (Unselected troops should not move.)

-second 40-1: 50 the selecteds troops can not stop at the destination point and stays in a loop (I need the troops to group and stop)

seeing that they do not give solutions and this is not possible, I would like them to return the money since I do not use this pack.thx.

Hi

I’m sorry, I thought I had already answered your post. My mistake.

Regarding the withdrawal of troops: yeah, that was something you couldn’t change in the current rts beta. I have since added an option to turn this off. Here is a new version of the SC2Avoidance.cs script https://pastebin.com/YybW9G1z. If you replace your version with this new one you will see a new option called ‘return after being pushed away’ in the inspector, if you set it to false they will no longer withdraw.

The second issue was interesting, I hadn’t thought of that happening. I have worked out what I think is a reasonable fix for it, though I haven’t tested it that much yet. It seems to fix the behavior you are seeing, though possibly making the agents slightly worse at handling concave obstacles made by formations of other agents. Try to replace your RVOAgent.cs script with this patched version: https://pastebin.com/ibsmJNAt

If you still want to refund the package I can understand that though, I took quite some time to answer.

hello again, downloaded again rts beta, and tried the SC2Avoidance.cs script but it still does not work.
i tried the script RVOAgent.cs but it gives problems in the line
RVODebugger.SetHeightmap (heightmap, FromXZ (position), WorldPlotWidth, PlotHeight); since the file is not found. You should upload an updated rts package, thanks

Ah, I thought those script should be replaceable. Seems I have made too many changes that they are not anymore. I’m away during the weekend, but hopefully I can upload a new version on Monday.

ok,let me know when you have it, thanks

Hi

It is uploaded now. Let me know if it works.

missing components as you can see in the image (missing prefab)

Hi

Right, I should have mentioned. This version requires Unity 2019.1 or higher to work due to some features I wanted to use in the scene. I double checked and it does import correctly when using 2019.1.

I tester the project and it still has the same failures,
the units are retract and some remain in a loop

Hi

Ah, when you said “withdrawal of troops” I thought you meant that when the agents no longer have an enemy to fight they return to the last position they were ordered by the player to go to. It seemed like that in your first video.

So you are saying that you just want units to be completely locked when they are standing still?
That is possible, though you will run into problems if a single unit is standing in a group of other units and you are ordering it to move. Note that in many other rts games (e.g. SC2) units do move to make way for other units. Note that in the demo, the units are made to be locked (i.e. no other unit can push them around) when they are attacking. This is controlled by the ‘Locked’ field on the RTSUnit component.

Regarding the circling… Hmm… you are right. I’m not completely sure how to solve it permanently. I think you can fix it however for 99% of the cases if you reduce the Density Fraction parameter on the SC2Avoidance component. Set it to maybe 0.2 or 0.3. This will make them tolerate a lower density of units before deciding that they are grouped up enough.