GetUnsafePtr Error

Hi,

I recently updated my copy of ALINE to version 1.5.2, and keep getting a bunch of errors similar to these ones.

Any suggestions on fixing these? I’m using unity 2019.4.31 (LTS), have the latest Collections and Mathematics packages that work with that version of unity installed and the error doesn’t appear when imported into a dummy unity project on newer unity (2021) which I’d ideally like to avoid using.

Thanks for your time!

I have this exact same issue. To be clear these prevent project compilation, so it’s obviously a showstopping issue. @sky did you find a way to resolve this? It strikes me as a simple API compatibility issue, where Unity added this after 2019.4, so something else should be used here for 2019.4

For those searching for help, the text is ‘FixedString32’ does not contain a definition for ‘GetUnsafePtr’ and no accessible extension method ‘GetUnsafePtr’ accepting a first argument of type ‘FixedString32’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

@aron_granberg any thoughts on a workaround to get 1.5+ working on 2019.4? It seems like based on the Asset Store upload version that the intention is to support 2019.4.

It looks like FixedString32 (and etc)'s GetUnsafePtr() first came in Collections 0.12, not 0.8. Collections 0.12 is only compatible with Unity 2020.1.0b15 or higher. So this seems to confirm that ALINE 1.5 to 1.5.2 are not compatible with Unity 2019.4 (assuming this showed up first in 1.5).

I’m not familiar with this API, so I’m not sure how to work around this (other than effectively disabling labels).

Thanks! I’ve fixed this locally now. I’ll publish an update soon.

I didn’t find it because I was only testing with collections 0.7 and 0.15. When using collections 0.7 it works in Unity 2019.3 at least.