Feature request: Label2D backgrounds?

First, thanks for Aline, I love it.

Second, would it be possible to get backgrounds for labels to help distinguish them from busy scenes? Also just getting equivalent Solid2d types for the current shapes would be amazing.

example of current vs what Id imagine it to look like

Lastly while I’m here might as well ask for the option to selectively disable antialiasing? This isn’t really that strong a request but I personally would like the option if its not too difficult, otherwise I’d understand if its not really feasible.

1 Like

Hi

Good suggestion. May I ask why you want to disable AA though? Just out of curiosity.

Just because the font rendering isn’t as clear as I would like. I am also working on a retro game so in some ways it would go hand in hand but its mainly due to the clarity of text that I would like to see.

Just going to bump this, did either of these requests make it into the current version? Couldnt find anything about disabling anti aliasing(which for designing a retro styled title becomes a little more important than I previously recognized).

Hi

No, they did not make it into the current version.
However, you could disable anti-aliasing by creating a different shader/material and assign it to the DrawingManager.instance.gizmos.textMaterial field. (duplicate and modify the aline_text_mat material and aline_text shader).

1 Like