Chrome browser and New Topic

I’m a pro owner and for quite a while now, have been unable to start new topics on this forum using Chrome. I’m using Microsoft’s browser to post this. Just wanted to let you know so you could work it.

Hi

That’s weird. I am using Chrome as well and it works just fine for me.
What exactly is not working?

No popup appears when pressing new topic. Also just now, no popup appears when pressing reply. I’m guessing the popups attempt to appear at the bottom of the scroll, but with chrome and your website, the scroll down is continuous until you get to the end of the posts ~ 2012 or so. Takes a long time, and then no popup is there. This Microsoft browser is not scrolling your posts continuously and the popup I’m writing this in is at the bottom. It’s possible that there is some setting within chrome that somehow got changed vis a vis your site, but I don’t have a clue what it might be. I also can say that it does not happen on any other site.

Weird…
The popup appears at a fixed position on the screen.
Are you sure you are using an updated version of Chrome?

Also. I cannot find anything about support for Chrome being broken in the discourse meta forum.

Yes, latest version, and yes, I’m not surprised this isn’t a systemic Chrome problem. I expect it is more of an interaction between my Chrome settings and your website that causes the continuous scroll bar which precludes any popup from appearing. The problem is I don’t have a clue what/where that setting might be. :frowning:

The continuous scrolling happens on my computer as well, but I can still post.
I’m sorry, but I really don’t know what the problem might be. Try disabling all extensions maybe.

Didn’t mean to put this on you. I was just fishing for an “aha! I’ve seen that before and know what the problem is…” revelation. :slight_smile: