Changing the pivot

Is there a way to change the pivot of the AI? Im using the richAI and it assumes the feet are at the transforms pivot, which is not the case for my characters. When i add a character controller, it uses the character controllers base instead. but i dont want to have a character controller, is there any other way of changing the pivot of the richAI?

EDIT: so i found that if i have a rigidbody, and a collider, it uses that base aswell. so that could work for my case. but i still think it would be nice if it could be set without a charactercontroller or rigidody and collider.

Hi

There’s no option to make the base of the character be something else than the pivot. This trade-off was made because there is a surprising amount of code that it simplifies, making the scripts both easier to understand, and improving performance. In pretty much all cases it is also possible to make the feet be at the pivot of the character by simply moving the rendered mesh up or down a bit (if it is in a child object), does this not work for you?

Hi, thanks for the answer!
Well, no i make all my distance checks assuming the transform is the center of the character. Otherwise i would have to specify a center for all my own scripts, which i thought was unneccesary.
Anyway, i managed by using a collider and rigidbody. so now the pathfinder put the feet of the character at the base of the collider.

1 Like