Bunch of errors when importing Beta Version into 2019.3.0b11 (followed guide))

I am getting a series of errors when trying to use the beta version, here are the errors I am getting:

Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\CommandBuilder.cs(3,22): error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘RetainedGizmos’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Drawing’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\CommandBuilder.cs(852,66): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ’ProcessedBuilderData’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\CommandBuilder.cs(852,66): error CS0208: Cannot take the address of, get the size of, or declare a pointer to a managed type (‘ProcessedBuilderData.MeshBuffers’)

Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\CommandBuilder.cs(867,70): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘MeshWithType’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\CommandBuilder.cs(29,50): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘Hasher’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\CommandBuilder.cs(29,65): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘RedrawScope’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

These errors are of course showing more than once but these are all the different ones I am getting. I followed the guide here and installed the dependencies before importing the beta version, seems im still missing some dependencies but I dont know which ones It could be.

Hi

Did you upgrade from an earlier version?
Try to delete the AstarPathfindingProject folder and import the package again.

If that doesn’t work, make sure you also have the Collections and Entities packages. I might have forgot to add those to the instructions for the latest beta (which is the first one that requires them).

Ok for some reason, deleting it and reimporting worked, I knew I had all the packages including collections and entitites beforehand so I dont understand why it would work to delete and reimport. But for anyone with the same issue, definitely try again.

1 Like