ALINE namespace cannot be found

Hey all,

Having trouble getting started with ALINE. Package is imported and all the dependencies are updated, but when I hit that “using Drawing;” I get:

The type or namespace name ‘Drawing’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [Assembly-CSharp, Assembly-CSharp, Assembly-CSharp, Assembly-CSharp, Assembly-CSharp]

Did I miss a step when installing or something?

In addition to this I have an error in VSCode that isn’t showing up in Unity:

The type or namespace name ‘DrawingManager’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [ALINEEditor]

Think the two are related?

Hi

That’s odd.
Are you using Unity’s asmdef files by any chance?

Not that I know of, at least I haven’t changed anything relating to asmdef files from its default behavior.

For what it’s worth I’m no longer getting the DrawingManager error, but I am still getting the same error message whenever I try to “using Drawing” at the top of a script.

What’s somewhat weirder is that the “using Drawing” error doesn’t come up in the scripts that were included in the examples in the package, and those scripts seem to work fine when I run the scenes. As soon as I try to use “using Drawing” in a script that I create though, I get the error.

Further (maybe pertinent?) info:

• Unity 2020.1.7f1
  • Using the URP
  • VSCode 1.51.1

For posterity I did solve it: a botched installation of another asset package was the culprit, uninstalling all imported assets then reinstalling them did the trick.

1 Like