4.3.5 - Error generating grid graph

Trying to update my project to the latest beta to see the Jobs/Burst work you have done however I cant seem to generate the graph.

Getting errors

There was an error generating the graphs:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
[0x00001] in \AstarPathfindingProject\Core\PathHandler.cs:217

and

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
Pathfinding.AstarPathEditor.MenuScan () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:1441)
Pathfinding.AstarPathEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:265)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass53_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <55cdba1bd6e14fba9b722ea76fea516b>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Appreciate any help you can give, keen to see the burst/jobs in action.

Hey,

Aron is currently on holiday,
so you’ll have to wait for his return.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Hi

Yeah… the latest beta is a bit unstable. I’ll try to patch it up soon. You can download the older beta version 4.3.4 which is more stable and which also has most of the burst improvements (but mostly for local avoidance, not for grid graphs).

Also see the changelog: https://www.arongranberg.com/astar/documentation/dev_4_3_5_58efaa48/changelog.php

Thanks for the quick reply, I tried 4.3.4 but it did not want to recognise [BurstCompile] attribute so I just had errors everywhere, using statements are all there obviously, couldnt figure it out.

Ah. I think that was because Unity changed some GUID somewhere. You’ll have to re-add the Burst and possibly Mathematics dlls to the .asmdef files to get it to work (or you could downgrade Burst, but I can’t remember the version that works).

Looks like any 1.0.x version works ok going to 1.1.x has the GUID issue. Getting other non A* related errors on 1.0.x however. Thats ok happy to wait for another version give it a go then.

I did noticed a performance increase updating my project to 2019.3 in preparation to try the beta versions with version 4.2.8 in any case.

1 Like