Weird Boxes shows up whenever Scanned

Whenever I hit “Scan”, there’re 3 suspisous boxes shown up as screenshot.

What are these boxes and what are they for?

If I hit scan repeatedly, those boxes will stay where they are. But if I change s.t like add another obstacle and hit scan, those boxes will move to different places.

Using Unity 2019.4LTS, Astar 4.3.28 (however this did appear in many older version too)

Best regards,
Hai.T.Nguyen

Hi

That looks very strange. Are you sure there are no colliders around that could cause these?
Do you recall if they appeared in the non-beta version too?

They are not Colliders since if I change anything in PathFinder and hit Scan, they will move to another places (but still within bound).

Though:

1. I don’t know about non-beta version since my project followed beta quite some time ago.
  2. Those bounds seem not do anything significant (or anything at all) to my notice. At least I haven’t test if they intervene with paths.

I thought these might be something obvious. Apparently not. Will try to test 2. then.

Hi

Sorry for the late answer. I have been away for some time.
I have not been able to replicate this. Would it be possible for you to share a small example scene with me that allows me to replicate this issue?

hello, are you still following this thread or should I create a new one?

This weird issue exists through many Astar version to me for so long. Below is the latest Unity and latest beta Astar. Always 3 boxes at different positions after each scan.
I haven’t test carefully if it affects pathing finding in any way yet. Though if it does, the effect is minimal to notice.