'WaypointNode' could not be found. Am unable to use the waypoint-mechanism :-[

Hi.

When compiling the scripts in MonoDevelop-Unity (ver. 4.0.1) I get the following error message (thrice) when doing a complete rebuild:

c:\xxxxxx\Assets\Pathfinding\Editor\WaypointEditor.cs(5,5): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name ‘WaypointNode’ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS0246) (Assembly-CSharp-Editor)

Despite this when I try to add a waypoint in the Editor (Unity Free, ver. 4.3.4f1) I get this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
WaypointEditor.OnSceneGUI (UnityEditor.SceneView view) (at Assets/Pathfinding/Editor/WaypointEditor.cs:78)
UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUIAfterGizmos () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1664)
UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:960)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

If it helps at all I’ve noticed that by default MonoDevelop-Unity chooses .NET-framework v3.5 which does not allow for default parameters. They’re used in some of the node-related stuff. Thus I always need to change all the projects to v4.0.

Corrupt installation? Everything else works just fine.

Thanks for anyone for help.

Hi

I think you have confused this project with some other project. The A* Pathfinding Project is installed into Assets/AstarPathfinding not Assets/Pathfinding, and there is no class named WaypointNode in the A* Pathfinding Project.

Oh dear. You’re right. There’s this “Simply A*” -pathfinding component I got. My bad for looking for the component with just “A*” and going to forums right away.

Apologies for bothering you.