SImple base movement script

Hi,

I’m currently studying this powerful asset, thank you for this amazing piece of code! However, I’d say it can feel a bit overwhelming for a beginner. :slight_smile:

I read the documentation carefully several times, and am now trying to make my own movement script. I’m actually making a rogue-like game with grid-based movements on a tilemap (no interpolation, no rotation, nothing fancy, just simply moving immediately from one node to the other on a grid graph). So I’m trying to adapt the AILerp script to my needs, but it already offers many features that I don’t need, and I’m not sure what I must remove, and what I must keep.

Even path traversal is encapsulated in an interpolator, making things pretty confusing. Basically, I would just need path management essential code, as well as a function that makes the agent jump to the next position on the path.

I was wondering if someone had done such a script already and would be willing to share it, please (or at least some hints or links to a tutorial). It would be very nice. :slight_smile: (and I suggest that such a script be included into the asset, as it would help people understand the basics of path traversal).

Any help will be greatly appreciated, even just some hints to point me in the right direction. Thank you very much! :slight_smile: :pray:

Edit: ooops, sorry, I had missed this subsection of the doc: Writing a movement script - A* Pathfinding Project . I’ll leave this topic, just in case other people would be as blind as I am. :wink:

1 Like