How to detect a link between two sets of nodes on a point graph?

Hi, I’ve created a point graph with two sets of distant nodes and I would like to link these two sets of nodes and have something cool happen when the AI traverses the link. I see the Link script, and it specifically mentions I can’t detect this link, so I’ve tried Link2 but that doesn’t appear to work on a point graph, and the example mentioned appears to be Pro-only, so, I’m not sure what to do.

Thanks!

Hi

The NodeLink can indeed not be detected usually since it looks exactly like any other connection between nodes in a point graph. If the nodes are separated in space the easiest solution might be to apply a tag to the nodes in one of the sets and then check when you are traversing a connection if the tag is different between the two nodes. This can be done using the GraphUpdateScene component or using scripting. See https://arongranberg.com/astar/docs/class_pathfinding_1_1_graph_update_scene.php
NodeLink2 does indeed not currently work that well with point graphs unfortunately.

Is this still true? I have a point graph where I would like to change the agent speed while traversing certain links.