[using tag volumes dynamically] Tagged nodes won't clear

Hi Aron :weary:

I’m using the tag system to inform each enemy that they can’t go near other enemies (each enemy is given a unique tag they can traverse, along with basic ground)

Every 1 second I’m setting a GraphUpdateScene volume to only Basic Ground, then calling Apply (in order to clear tags on the nodes within those bounds, theoretically), and then I add a tag (say, tag 2), and then Apply again.

The result should be enemies adding tags to nodes around them to stop enemies using those - and then releasing those node back to Basic Ground for all enemies to use. Visually this appears to be working (with the Debug view set to tags)

Here is a video showing the problem

However as you can see, although it looks like the tag volume are clear, enemies are actually still treating those nodes as not-traversable. (the enemies have walked around a bit in this scene prior to the picture) (observe the green paths that are taking routes around what should be basic ground only nodes)

Am I clearing tags on nodes correctly? Is there a proper way to be doing it? It’s odd that visually it’s working but enemies still avoid the nodes that have been previously tagged)

Was adding penalties to these nodes, my bad.