Unity 4.2 and windows 8, windows phone 8

Any progress on this? I’m probably a month or 2 from shipping, and would really like to have a windows 8 build i can rely on, should I plan on this being working?

Hi

It is progressing, I am currently working together with developers working together with both Unity and Microsoft to build wrappers for things which are failing WACK.
Right now it looks like the only thing left is the zipping (used for storing graph data).

I have no idea about an ETA unfortunately. I think 2 months is reasonable… but as with all development, it is really hard to know.

Update: it is now working on windows 8 and very close to be working on windows phone.

looking forward for the WP8 fix, thanks for the great script/support :slight_smile:

When the Windows 8 fix will be available?

Hi

The Windows 8 and WP8 fix is just around the corner now.

nice, i want to finally test the script performance on my actual device :slight_smile:
thanks

The project already works on WP8 and Windows 8, it’s just that it doesn’t pass WACK.

hmm, can i have an unofficial download link? <free version :’( >
i dont care about WACK for the time being, but would love to finally see my game work on the god damn mob :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: hmm, i forgot that there was a work around mentioned few replies earlier in this thread, i’ll try that out for now i guess :slight_smile:

Please, I need this fix asap. If it will take a lot of time, can I have an unofficial link too?
Tnx.

Hey, the latest Pro version on the website is form Jan 8, I downloaded it but I am having problems with the following error:

Error building Player: Exception: Error: method System.Reflection.Assembly System.Reflection.Assembly::GetAssembly(System.Type) doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at System.Void Pathfinding.AstarData::FindGraphTypes().
Error: method System.Int32 System.Math::DivRem(System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32&) doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at Pathfinding.Int3 Pathfinding.GridGraph::GetNodePosition(System.Int32,System.Int32).
Error: method System.Int32 System.Math::DivRem(System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32&) doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at Pathfinding.GridNode Pathfinding.GridGraph::GetNodeConnection(Pathfinding.GridNode,System.Int32).
Error: method System.Int32 System.Math::DivRem(System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32&) doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at System.Boolean Pathfinding.GridGraph::HasNodeConnection(Pathfinding.GridNode,System.Int32).
Error: method System.Int32 System.Math::DivRem(System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32&) doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at System.Void Pathfinding.GridGraph::SetNodeConnection(Pathfinding.GridNode,System.Int32,System.Boolean).
Error: method System.Int32 System.Math::DivRem(System.Int32,System.Int32,System.Int32&) doesn’t exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at System.Void Pathfinding.RecastGraph::GetTileCoordinates(System.Int32,System.Int32&,System.Int32&).

When trying to export to windows phone 8. Is this solved as well? Is the version on your website the last one? I don’t have access to the Asset Store version apparently.

Hello Aron,

great project here! We´ve been testing it for some time and we want to get it on the Asset Store (or directly here) but since we need the WP8 version to work and pass certification, do you have an estimated time for this release.

Great work Aron, you are a great programmer.

Best.

yea, im still waiting for a word on that :frowning:

Just downloaded the newest version from April 5th, 3.4.0.6, and problem still persists =(

PS: I know change log does not mention it WOULD be fixed… it was just wishful thinking =P

I’d like to bump this as well. Was hoping to launch my game in May. Do you think you’ll be able to pass WACK soon?

We love A* and have been using it for over a year, Now we’re actually looking at publishing our game onto WP8 and sadly the only thing currently preventing us from doing so is A* itself.

Any estimate on when WP8 support will be added? We’ll try and patch it up ourselves, but we do look forward to an official patch!

not sure if he is busy, or ran into various problems…
its been over 2 months and half since his last update on this subject :S…

some feedback would be nice

Guys, I’m seriously concerned over here. My game is tightly integrated with A*, and I just paid pretty good money to have this game converted to work with Win8 Store/Phone. Does anyone know Aron? Twitter? personal email? anything?

Hello guys & gals. A solution that worked for me was to rip out the whole Serialization feature out. It works for my project because I generate the graph in runtime. So, if you use the “Add new graph” button, this doesn’t work for you, sorry :frowning:

For those that do have time on their hands and need the Serialization feature, you could dig into the JSON library and try to create a WP8 compatible version of it, as that library seems to be the problem.

Hope this helps…

Edit: clarity

sooooo…when will this work out of the box? This question was posted quite a while ago. Is it close?