Unity 2019.3.0b9 + a* 4.3.8

Hello, in this version of unity a* 4.3.8 dont show gizmo, but work.

I have Scan

In ā€œSettings > Debugā€ i have Default settings

Hi

Do you think you could try 4.3.9? A few bugs related to gizmos were fixed in that version.

1 Like

Iā€™m on 4.3.9 and Unity 2019.3.0b10, having the same issue as OP. No A* gizmos are appearing in my HDRP project.

2 Likes

I will try 4.3.9
I precise i use LWPR

Hi

Let me know if it works.

What operating system are you using?
Is it working in the A* example scenes?
Is it working if you import the package to a new empty project?

What operating system are you using?
Windows 10

Is it working in the A example scenes?
Not work =(
Is it working if you import the package to a new empty project?
Not work too

Did you try version 4.3.9?

I will try in 1 min .
2D not work 4.3.8

Assets\AstarPathfindingProject\Drawing\MonoBehaviourGizmos.cs(6,61): error CS0246: The type or namespace name ā€˜IDrawGizmosā€™ could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have this error, package missing?

Thatā€™s odd. Itā€™s in the RetainedGizmosWrapper.cs script in the same folder. Try to delete your AstarPathfindingProject folder and reimport the package.

No more errors but no Gizmos

So, in classic renderer Gizmos work, but in HDRP and Universal not work

After switch from Grid to Layered Grid i have this errors

System.Exception:
Thrown from job: Pathfinding.Jobs.JobCopyRectangle`1<Unity.Mathematics.float4>
This Exception was thrown from a job compiled with Burst, which has limited exception support. Turn off burst (Jobs -> Burst -> Enable Compilation) to inspect full exceptions & stacktraces.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Pathfinding.Jobs.Grid.JobAssignNodeData.Execute (System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 count) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/Utilities/GridGraphJobs.cs:573)
Pathfinding.Jobs.JobParallelForBatchedExtensions+ParallelForBatchJobStruct1[T].Execute (T& jobData, System.IntPtr additionalPtr, System.IntPtr bufferRangePatchData, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/IJobParallelForBatched.cs:37) Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobsUtility:ScheduleParallelFor_Injected(JobScheduleParameters&, Int32, Int32, JobHandle&) Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobsUtility:ScheduleParallelFor(JobScheduleParameters&, Int32, Int32) Pathfinding.Jobs.JobParallelForBatchedExtensions:RunBatch(JobAssignNodeData, Int32) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/IJobParallelForBatched.cs:51) Pathfinding.Jobs.IJobExtensions:ScheduleBatch(JobAssignNodeData, Int32, Int32, JobDependencyTracker, JobHandle) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/JobDependencyTracker.cs:400) Pathfinding.GridGraphScanData:AssignToNodes(GridNode[], Int2, IntRect, UInt32, JobHandle, NativeArray1) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/GridGenerator.cs:1424)
Pathfinding.GridGraph:UpdateAreaBurst(GridNode[], Int2, IntRect, JobDependencyTracker, JobHandle, Allocator, Boolean, Boolean, GraphUpdateObject) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/GridGenerator.cs:1596)
Pathfinding.d__91:MoveNext() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/GridGenerator.cs:1177)
Pathfinding.d__97:MoveNext() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/GridGenerator.cs:1605)
d__143:MoveNext() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1841)
d__142:MoveNext() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1763)

Pathfinding.AstarPathEditor:MenuScan() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:1422)
Pathfinding.AstarPathEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:257)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

And now no more Gizmos. Only Recast draw gizmos

I test in a new Project with Packages

And i have this bug. Sample Plane and Default GridGraph. We have only 4 node walkable

Hi

Thank you! I have fixed this and uploaded beta version 4.3.10.

Layred grid graphs do not yet work in the beta Iā€™m afraid.

Fixed in 4.3.10. This was due to floating point errors.

1 Like

Iā€™m still not seeing gizmos after updating to 4.3.10. HDRP project in unity 2019.3.0b10. I deleted the AstarPathfindingProject folder before reimporting.

This might need its own thread, but also since updating to 4.3.10, whenever I play a scene with a pathfinder in it the editor crashes.

Do you have stacktraces?
Is it only when playing?

Yes itā€™s only when I hit play. I created a new scene with a plane and then added a Pathfinder to an empty gameobject. Then when I hit play the editor crashes. Just tried another fresh scene with a grid graph, and upon clicking scan I get a couple of nullreferenceexceptions:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Pathfinding.HierarchicalGraph.CompactifyDirtyNodes () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/HierarchicalGraph.cs:161)
Pathfinding.HierarchicalGraph.AddDirtyNode (Pathfinding.GraphNode node) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/HierarchicalGraph.cs:184)
Pathfinding.PathProcessor+JobAllocateNodes`1[T].Execute () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/PathProcessor.cs:353)
Pathfinding.Jobs.IJobExtensions+ManagedJob.Execute () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/JobDependencyTracker.cs:356)
Unity.Jobs.IJobExtensions+JobStruct`1[T].Execute (T& data, System.IntPtr additionalPtr, System.IntPtr bufferRangePatchData, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at <4e781ea27afa4779b4c4bcd46aeba67a>:0)

and

Pathfinding.HierarchicalGraph.JobRecalculate () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/HierarchicalGraph.cs:233)
Pathfinding.Jobs.IJobExtensions+ManagedActionJob.Execute () (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/JobDependencyTracker.cs:365)
Unity.Jobs.IJobExtensions+JobStruct`1[T].Execute (T& data, System.IntPtr additionalPtr, System.IntPtr bufferRangePatchData, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at <4e781ea27afa4779b4c4bcd46aeba67a>:0)

Those errors do not appear when I scan with a recast graph, but the editor still crashes. Interestingly enough I did a standalone build and that did not crash.

Sorry Iā€™m not sure what you mean by stacktraces.

Hi

I cannot replicate that. Are you getting any other errors?

Stacktraces are those things you just posted :stuck_out_tongue:
It would be nice to have the editor log after the editor crashed though.