Trying to find all border nodes with ConstantPath in grid graph

Awesome!! I have no experience with file sharing devices. It appears I have google drive. Hopefully that will work just fine. What is the best way to get all of the necessary scene parts into the file sharing site? Do I need to export it in some way or drag and drop the scene file? Sorry, I am super new to getting help like this online… Have I mentioned how much I appreciate it???

Ok, so I figured out how to export a package. I will let you know when I get it in the drive…

and… the link has been sent to your message. Thanks again for taking the time to look at it. Hope I did everything correct on the sharing end.

Hi

You are right! There is indeed a bug here.
A countour was only generated if there was at least 1 node adjacent to an obstacle.
I will include the fix in the next update.

1 Like

Just downloaded the update and it works great now!

1 Like

One small note about the update. I noticed that the callback for GetContours spits out an array of vertices for each object it encounters and for the total area specified. Typically I only need the largest set of vertices or the outmost bounds of the area which is sometimes but not always the last set of vertices created. It is not noticeable with the debug lines because it draws those new each time vertices are spit out. With my line renderer, it was easy to tell because it would only draw a line around the last set of vertices. I only noticed because it was drawing a line around one small obstacle instead of the movement range at times. Not every time but sometimes. I did end up making it work by storing each set of vertices created in an array outside the method and then simply evaluated which set was the largest after the method ran and made that the set of vertices I drew my line renderer on. I am not sure if this is intended behavior for your script or not but I thought I would give you a heads up just in case… There is also the possibility that I am doing something incorrectly.

The GetContours method is supposed to return all contours for those nodes, not only the largest contour. So yes, it is the intended behavior.

Ok, cool. Good to hear.