Strange problem with Recast Graph - 3.8.11

Hi
I have a problem where the recast graph is acting like certain areas are separate meshes (unreachable), even though there are doors between.
From the image, you can see the various regions. Strange thing is, it is linking rooms that run “vertically”, but not the rooms that run “horizontally”.
I am using Dungeon Architect to generate the map, so it isn’t a single fixed plane, however, given that it is picking up the different areas, any ideas of why it isn’t linking them?

Thanks

Hi

I think this is because your cell size is too large. The cell size is the resolution of the graph. In this case it seems to have happened that the vertical doors have been aligned better in order to have a gap between them, but the horizontal doors have been slightly out of alignment. Make sure also that you have a small margin for the character to fit through the doors.

Also. Your tile size is very low. It is a perfectly valid tile size, however it doesn’t really being many benefits to having a tile size that low. I would suggest raising it to 32 or 64.

Unbelievable. Thanks, that sorted it out.
For one, i was mixing up my understanding of cell size and tile size. And i also think i was repositioning the pathfinding component on my empty transform (A*) before scanning.
I just stuck a new instance onto my scene and clicked Scan and it picked up all the rooms instantly.

I’ll be upgrading to Version 4.0 very soon, just for support; great product.

Thank you.

1 Like