Simplest local avoidance integration into current game?

Hi, I just purchased this great looking asset/project for my RTS/Tower defense style prototype.

I purchased it because Unity Nav Mesh Agents were not behaving in a way that looked good. Units would walk towards each other to fight, but dance in a circle around each other when they reached each other. This is because obstacle avoidance was set to “High Quality”. They are trying to walk to each other while avoiding each other at the same time.

If I turned obstacle avoidance completely off, they wouldn’t dance but multiple units would just stack behind each other and never make it around the other to the target.

So here I am with this asset. What is the absolute minimum I need to do to integrate local avoidance into my current game? Do I need to start over with the coliders, navmesh and movement that comes along with this project? Forgive my ignorance, but I’m a nooby when it comes to programming with unity in general. I really just don’t comprehend what I need to do, due to a lack of experience with Unity itself or what this projects adds to it.

FYI - I’ve looked at the beginner guides and the local avoidance guides and still not sure what exact pieces of code I need or don’t. I don’t have a problem running through the tutorials, I’m just having issues grasping what I actually need to implement from which tutorials.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

So based on your other threads it seems that you have at least gotten this working?

Indeed. Thanks for your patience Aron.