Scaling pathfinding components down

I’m working on a project that I am attempting to add in the pathfinding elements for my enemy AI. By necessity of my physics setup, the main play area has been scaled down quite small (0.05 across all dimensions). This obviously makes my enemies quite small as well.

I attempted using Unity’s built in nav meshes with no luck and so turned to this. I purchased the Pro license as I will have multi-layer elements incorporated. My question is how I would go about setting up a functional navigation layered grid graph with dimensions like this. Is it something that is even possible?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Alan

Hi

The resolution of the positions of the pathfinding nodes is 0.001 so you could at most fit 50 nodes along one dimension (though in practice probably fewer). I would strongly suggest that you try to scale your world up. Remember that you can change most parameters of the physics engine so that a larger scale behave as a smaller one (by for example changing the gravity strength or mass of objects).

Thanks for the advice. It was something that I was avoiding but figured I would have to do at some point. This has given me the inspiration to tackle it. Good call.