RVO Melee Attack cause AI to Intersect

Hello, I have a problem when using Move function on RIchAi it cause other RVO agents to intersect with each other. I want the Melee attacker to be able to push other RVO agents. Is it possible?

Hi

Sorry for the late reply.
For what reason are you using the Move function? I just want to understand your use case to be able to give you the most appropriate solution :slight_smile:

Hi, Im using a Move function to Simulate Enemy Charge Attack,
So basically I have a charge that last ex. 2 seconds and every frame during those 2 seconds I Move AI forward to simualte Attack.

The problem is that, if there is another Npc in front of it, then it will pass throught it

here is exmaple code

Hmm. I would think that they would relatively quickly separate. Do you have a video of this happening?

Hi here is a video, a red one is the one that does Charge Attack, and the blue one is passive and just chasing Player, you can see that sometimes the red one intersects with the blue one. My desired behaviour would be if the red one pushes the blue to the side

https://imgur.com/a/Uha0s8k

Also how can I post videos on this forum? Drag and drop doesnt work. Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi

Ah. Okay. So it seems like the avoidance does work, but it’s just too slow.
You could try the beta version, which includes a separate hard-collisions pass. This will make them move out of the intersection much faster. Also. I would recommend that when you do the charge attack, set the velocity on the RVOController manually using rvoController.velocity = .... This will allow other agents to predict the movement of it much better.