Purchased Pathfinding Pro, messed up version control

Hi there.

I’m using Github Desktop for VC. I have purchased the pro version of the Astar project, updated my project, and all was fine. However, somehow my team members are getting a bunch of reference errors now. Things like error CS0234: The type or namespace name ‘Ionic’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Pathfinding’ (are you missing an assembly reference?). It seems like the upgrade hasn’t ported everything to their local versions.

It may have something to do with the fact that I had to clone the repository again due to external problems with Git LFS and other nuisances. However, I haven’t been able to work this out since I updated the project. The only difference between my repo and theirs is the libraries folder, otherwise, it is identical, same dependencies, even same Packages folder.

That sounds like a git issue. Make sure all the new files and folders actually got committed in the remote repository.

I sent everything to version control with the exception of the libraries folder. Do you think I need to share that as well?

I’m not sure what the libraries folder is (don’t see it in my project) but I think as long as everything that came with the astarpathfinding project folder got uploaded it should be fine.

Oh I see, the libraries folder is automatically generated next to your assets folder (not inside) when you first open your project. It is a bunch of .metas and .dlls that are somewhat temporary and can be excluded from Version Control. Usually we don’t send the libraries folder around in commits because it is excluded in the Unity GitIgnore.

I think indeed the problem is with Git LFS, I think it’s not checking out correctly.