Problem navmesh cut applied at tile borders

Hello,

I have a recast graph. I noticed that when I drop a navmesh cut object onto tile borders, it messes up the link between tiles. The link between tiles somehow gets broken and debug drawing shows the tiles at different colors.

I’m lost and have no idea where to look. What could be the reason?

I’m in a rush now so can’t provide more details. Please tell me if you need specific details.

Hi

What version are you using?
Check if the problem disappears when using the latest release candidate.

It’s been a tough couple of weeks and I recently have the opportunity to look at this problem. Sorry for the delay.

I’m using version 3.8.5.

After some detailed debug drawings, I realized that the generated mesh is so much noisy at vertical axis, which is expected with the data we are working on. I guess navmesh cutting algorithm somehow couldn’t be able to cope with these noisy meshes. Resulting in weird cuts that some triangles disappear entirely if cutter wanders around tile borders.

If you want to inspect in detail, I guess you could try it by adding some vertical noise to a resulting navmesh (I mean just add some random Y shift to each vertex).

I’ve solved the problem by playing with cellSize, contourMaxError, maxEdgeLength etc. that it now generates a smooth mesh and navmesh cutter works as expected.

Thank you.

Hi

Hm. It shouldn’t really matter if it is noisy on the y axis. The cutting algorithm works entirely in 2D. Do you think you could share a screenshot?

Nice that you got it working anyway.