PointGraph Demo Scene

Hi Aron
I have some questions.
1.In the demo scene can I stop the player at node not destination?
2.I would like to use pointgraph in my turnbase game how I limit node/turn that the player can move and reset them?
3.Can this show the path that player can move in run-time?

If I miss some guides please tell me ?

Hi

1. Try to set Seeker -> Start End Modifier -> End Point = SnapToNode.
    That will make the end point’s position be moved to the closest node.
  2. Check out the example scene called ‘Turnbased’ which shows how to do this. In fact, I think this scene might be better to start from for you.
  3. Yes, you can use for example Unity’s LineRenderer component and feed it the coordinates of the path. The scripts in the PathTypes example scene do this though it is not specifically written about in the documentation as it is only used for visualization purposes in that example scene.

I don’t see the turnbased scene in the APath is this because I don’t upgrade to 4.0x ?
if right can u tell me other example because I don’t want to upgrade anything now.

Hi

Ah. Yes the Turnbased example scene only exists in 4.x.
You can take a look at the Path Types example scene instead. Click on the ConstantPath and increase the range variables. It’s not as easy to understand those scripts, but using the ConstantPath type you can find all nodes within a given distance from the start point.

See also https://arongranberg.com/astar/docs/class_pathfinding_1_1_constant_path.php