Pathfinding for flying units?

Do you support pathfinding for flying units?

Hi

Sorry. This is not supported at the moment.
You can technically make a point graph and use that for flying units, but I think you will find that for anything larger than a very small world, the memory and performance overhead will be too high (for 3D pathfinding the number of nodes grow as the cube of the world size instead of the square, and this very quickly becomes too much).

Sorry to bump an old thread, but is there an equivalent to Unity’s baseOffset? I would have assumed it was centerOffset, and I’ll be digging into the code to see that now, but for the “flying” units I have in the game, the offset doesn’t seem to work.

I’m happy with 2D pathfinding, and I can probably support writing my own offset manager, just wanted to know if this library supported it as well!

Hi

I would recommend simply putting the rendered mesh as a child GameObject and move that up and down. That should be equivalent I think.

1 Like

Is there any update in 2020? I just have the same problem. I know I can make an empty object as parent for pathfinding, but I have many tasks based on the flying unit transform.position

I think built-in offset will be a good idea for A*.

Hi

No, the above is still the current recommendation.