Pathfinder Recast Inspector suggestion

Hello,

Really loving everything AStar makes possible in our game.

I have a, hopefully, small request that would really help in our scene set ups.
#1. The ability to duplicate a Recast Graph in the Pathfinder component in the inspector. Or, the ability to copy and past settings.
#2 Rather than having to manually enter the Center, Rotation and Size values , what about the abilty to drag a box collider into a empty game object field on the Recast graph panel? Making and positioning a Box collider in the world and connecting this to the Recast Panel to get the transform values would be much quicker.

Please let me know if you you have any questions about this. I really feel that it would be a huge time saver for teams that develope multiple terrains and require multiple navmeshs.

Thank you in advance,
Nathan

1 Like

Hey

Further thought into this. Would it be possible to feed in terrain textures to generate navmesh areas? This would be amazing.

Something like this: https://answers.unity.com/questions/955622/texture-based-terrain-navigation.html

This way we could use certain textures for paths and then have npcs follow those instead of having to write in pathway points - which can be very tedious for large terrains.
Thanks,
Nathan

Note that you can use the ‘scale’ tool in the unity inspector to drag the recast graph bounding box (see blue handles in the screenshot below). This is usually much faster than entering values manually.