Optimization section of Pathfinder not working for me

Hi Aron/others,

Whenever I check any of the pre-processor directives from “optimization” section in “PathFinder” component, it get the following error. Please help in what I am doing wrong.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (26) doesn’t exist; #define symbols for scripting won’t be added.
UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
Pathfinding.OptimizationHandler:SetDefineSymbols(Dictionary2) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/PackageTools/Editor/OptimizationHandler.cs:81) Pathfinding.OptimizationHandler:DisableDefine(String) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/PackageTools/Editor/OptimizationHandler.cs:100) Pathfinding.OptimizationHandler:ApplyDefines(List1) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/PackageTools/Editor/OptimizationHandler.cs:149)
Pathfinding.AstarPathEditor:DrawOptimizationSettings() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:423)
Pathfinding.AstarPathEditor:DrawMainArea() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:382)
Pathfinding.AstarPathEditor:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Editor/AstarPathEditor.cs:260)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Hi

Yeah, Unity changes their definitions from time to time which causes this error.
It’s fine to ignore the error though, the optimizations will be applied anyway.

The beta version has slightly better handling of this.

1 Like