Now getting new error and console spam with 4.3.14

I’ve made the upgrade to 2019.3 and am getting an error as well as some console spam. I’ve upgraded to the latest beta (4.3.14) and this is what is happening when instantiating path followers:

rigidbody.position assign attempt for ‘Player-4’ is not valid. Input position is { NaN, NaN, NaN }.
UnityEngine.Rigidbody:MovePosition(Vector3)
Pathfinding.AIBase:FinalizePosition(Vector3) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:704)
Pathfinding.AIBase:FinalizeMovement(Vector3, Quaternion) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:659)
Pathfinding.AIBase:OnUpdate(Single) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:431)
Pathfinding.AIBase:OnUpdate(AIBase[], Int32, Event) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:414)
Pathfinding.Util.<>c__DisplayClass11_0`1:b__0(Object[], Int32, Event) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/BatchedEvents.cs:116)
Pathfinding.Util.BatchedEvents:DoEvent(Event) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/BatchedEvents.cs:137)
Pathfinding.Util.BatchedEvents:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/BatchedEvents.cs:157)

Oddly, it doesn’t happen with all, just some of the instantiated followers.

The other thing is the console spam, which is the following:
Look rotation viewing vector is zero
UnityEngine.Quaternion:LookRotation(Vector3, Vector3)
Pathfinding.AIBase:SimulateRotationTowards(Vector2, Single) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:628)
Pathfinding.AIPath:CalculateNextRotation(Single, Quaternion&) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIPath.cs:409)
Pathfinding.AIPath:MovementUpdateInternal(Single, Vector3&, Quaternion&) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIPath.cs:397)
Pathfinding.AIBase:MovementUpdate(Single, Vector3&, Quaternion&) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:486)
Pathfinding.AIBase:OnUpdate(Single) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:430)
Pathfinding.AIBase:OnUpdate(AIBase[], Int32, Event) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AI/AIBase.cs:414)
Pathfinding.Util.<>c__DisplayClass11_0`1:b__0(Object[], Int32, Event) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/BatchedEvents.cs:116)
Pathfinding.Util.BatchedEvents:DoEvent(Event) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/BatchedEvents.cs:137)
Pathfinding.Util.BatchedEvents:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Utilities/BatchedEvents.cs:157)

Any ideas of what could be happening here?

So, I’m using the RVO controller. When I turned off double buffering and enabled hard collisions all of this went away. I’m not sure what that means but I’m happy with the results.

Given the requirements for the beta version, is this using ECS in some fashion? It never seemed slow performance wise but this does feel somehow faster.

1 Like

Hi

Hmm… Something somewhere generated a NaN value. However it’s really hard to figure out where without properly debugging it…

Yes, the new beta uses the burst compiler and the job system for local avoidance. It’s maybe a factor of 5 faster now.

We’ve had the same recently by the way and disabling double buffer worked ( we already had both on ). Although not sure why all of a sudden it appeared whereas before it was working. We’re on version .40