NavMesh Examples Not Working 4.2.10 [SOLVED]

Hi,

I can’t seem to be able to use the two examples below with Unity 2019.2.13f1 (Pro) & A Star 4.2.10 downloaded from the Asset Store. I get the log error shown at the botton of this post. This is with a fresh project. I’ve tinkered with the free version of A Star 4.2.6 previously and Example6_Navmesh with 4.2.6 still works with Unity 2019.2.13f1. When I copy Example6_Navmesh from 4.2.6 into 4.2.10, the same error occurs.

Am I just being a doughnut and missed a step?

Example6_Navmesh
Example6_Navmesh_RichAI

Path Failed : Computation Time 0.00 ms Searched Nodes 0
Error: Couldn't find a node close to the start point
Path Number 1 (unique id)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
AstarPath:LogPathResults(Path) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:835)
AstarPath:<InitializePathProcessor>b__122_1(Path) (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:1297)
Pathfinding.<CalculatePaths>d__36:MoveNext() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/PathProcessor.cs:563)
Pathfinding.PathProcessor:TickNonMultithreaded() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/Misc/PathProcessor.cs:198)
AstarPath:Update() (at Assets/AstarPathfindingProject/Core/AstarPath.cs:868)

Hi

Hmmm… It seems like the description text for that scene has mysteriously disappeared. It’s supposed to say that you have to assign the example6_navmesh mesh to the navmesh graph’s source mesh field.

1 Like

Hi Aron,

Ah thank you! I had a feeling I was being a doughnut somehow…but we can thank LWRP also for this.

I tried A* in my project with LWRP and the GUI text didn’t show. I then tried it in a fresh project…without LWRP and as I’ve just found out, the GUI text is showing. But because I had a small Game window and was looking straight at the console previously I completely missed the text.

[tl;dr]

The GUI Text description doesn’t show when using LWRP

1 Like

I’ve uploaded 4.2.11 which fixes this (I hope).

1 Like

Many thanks for this. The example 6 worked with the free version. I’ll check out the example 6 Rich AI when it’s updated on the Asset Store.

1 Like