Little help: Grid Graph Navmesh Bake Issues

Hello :]

I was wondering why these little rocks were generating impassable terrains - they have no colliders attached to them. All the other small rocks and props don’t generate invalid terrains (this is what I want, since they have no colliders). I was wondering how I can fix this.

Also is it possible to paint pathing on grid graph? Like manually paint a grid point on or off - like in sc2 editor.

Also also, I’m getting errors trying to attach a 2mb picture - even though the error says the limit is 16mb.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I think by default, it creates the navmesh based on meshes not colliders so check if you have the proper one selected here:

Hey bud I’m not using recast - I’m not fond of how it bakes the nav, it has almost the same problems as the built in nav mesh (at least in terms of nav baking).

Sorry for the late answer. I’ve been sick these last few weeks.

The grid graph uses Physics.CheckCapsule to check if a node is obstructed. So there must be a collider somewhere there if the node is becoming unwalkable. It might also be the case that the rock is included in the height testing, and that the raycast hits the rock on the side of it, causing the node to become unwalkable due to the “max slope” setting.

No, but it is possible to attach a texture to the graph. Look at the bottom of the grid graph settings. See GridGraph - A* Pathfinding Project