Large object overlapping masked area when moving, and cannot use navmesh cut due to second graph

Hello,
I have a situation where I can’t just place one object in a navmesh cut, in order for other objects to avoid it. This is because the object that needs to be avoided, has it’s own graph inside of it, and placing it inside a navmesh cut would make the entire area of the second graph unusable.

I remember that you recommended I not use two graphs in the past, but in this case I was having problems with just once graph. One of the reasons is because I never want objects from one graph, to go to another, but more importantly, the objects in the ‘outer’ graph are much larger. I have found that I need to set the graph settings differently to accommodate larger objects. I could be wrong about this though, and it might just have to do with seeker setting tuning.

As an alternative to navmesh cutting, I have tried the layer mask approach of avoiding objects, but then the seeker seems to overlap areas it’s not meant to go in:

1. Object A (seeker) is told to move to a position close to Object B.
  2. Object B is a static object, and its layer is added to the Mask section of Grid Graph. The reason for this is so that they avoid hitting each other.
  3. Object B also contains its own recast graph, for finer movement of smaller objects within it. The two graphs do not overlap.
  4. Object A correctly moves in a path around Object B to its destination, however, parts of Object A overlap Object B as it’s moving around it.

It might be worth noting that the seeker object’s size is rather large. It takes up at least three grid cell spaces, and is asymmetrical.