Is it possible to have a unit follow another

Hi,

I am attempting to make an Articulated Lorry with 2 units, I have a hinge in place but want the trailer unit to follow the truck unit with the offset for position, Is it possible to do this?

Many thanks

Hi

That doesn’t sound like a job for pathfinding. That sounds like the job for a physics joint or some other special purpose code.

I was hoping we could make both part units follow the same path, if we can do that then hooking the the units together will be much easier to get working.

thanks

Hi

I don’t see why these should be different units at all. For all intents and purposes it’s one unit pulling the other one along using physics, right?
Having both of them follow the same path will be very awkward, especially when they turn around at the start of a path.

I tried that first but couldn’t get the trailer to move with the truck, my next idea was to have the trailer unit follow from the point where it connects which actually worked well, however for some reason it wont stay hooked up

I’m still fairly new to c# and Unity in the grand scale of thing and this unit has somewhat given me quite a challenge