How to avoid the Player

I have a room where npc characters walk around using the RVO Avoidance system. In this room there is also the (first person) player. How can I make the npc characters avoid the player?

Hi

The current RVO system does not have support for that.
I have been working on updates to the RVO system however and I have a version which supports this, you might want to try that out.

1 Like

I would like to try this out! :blush:
How do I do this?

I have sent you a PM with download links to a preview version as well as the documentation for that version.
This RVO version has some quite significant changes (check the changelog) so things may not work out of the box.

Take a look at the ManualRVOAgent example script. Essentially you would do what that script does and the other RVO agents will move to get out of the way.

thanks a lot! I will implement it right a way :slight_smile:

Apologies for reviving this thread since it’s from a long time ago, but is there something like this implemented currently? I would like to be able to add my player character as something that can be avoided by the AI but still give the player full control over their movement. Both the player and the AI use rigidbodies with their movement.