How do you connect NavMesh & Grids

This is not a obstacle layer in anyway but for some reason i can NOT get the A* pathfinder to where enemies will go inside the house no matter what…

The house has a collider, this is the reason your graph is generating a wall around all your house (see the brown square points).

1 Like

the ground has a collider, it generates a path? obviously colliders are needed. how are you going to not fall through the floor? it’s mesh colliders for the stairs

i removed all erosion iterations and disabled collision testing completely, it looks like the height testing is the problem. It does not calculate y correctly.

^proof of the change.
if you make max height 4 it will do the first floor correctly, anything past that it can’t figure out how to calculate the inside and only does 1 layer.

This is going to be a survival game with building in it, this looked like the only AI that could accomplish this but apparently it can’t do separate floors?

Alright i made the entire building with a custom navmesh(A*'s navmesh not to be confused with unity…) layout.how do i connect them to the grid layout? you can see the gap in my screenshot

i’m surprised there has not been a response on this yet. Is this some kind of feature required in PRO?

i am currently using the proceduralgridmover because my world is infinite and it has been working GREAT. However, now i plan adding a survival aspect(dynamic building) so i am stuck. I tried using navmesh for the building and proceduralgridmover for the rest of the world but there seems to be no way to connect the two causing a major issue. Can recast fix this issue i’m having?

Did you try to research documentation and forums?
I think this is what you are looking for if is for 2 graphs: Linking two graphs
If is only one graph maybe is something related with the graph maxSlope.

Hi

@Does_Itmatter
The original issue here is that the grid graph only has a single layer. However the roof above those stairs has a collider that you have included in the Height Testing layer mask on the grid graph. The result is that it will add nodes on that roof, but then it cannot add nodes on the stairs themselves. I suggest that you make sure that the roof above those stairs is not included in the height testing mask. Alternatively you could switch to a layered grid graph or a recast graph, but it shouldn’t be required in this case.

well it looks like unity can do this now and I basically created my own procedural mover with the navmesh baking and it correctly recognize fully length towers without an issue.