How do i use it A* for a 2D Platformer

I just installed A* pathfinding and am intending to use it for a 2d platformer game (similar to something like mario a sidescroller). How do i get it to use physics that are implemented in the game? All the tutorials i have found are top down tutorials can someone help me.

Hi

Platformer pathfinding is not in the scope of this package.
This package does not have any built-in graphs or movement script intended for platformer games.
You can get some things working using a point graph (and some people do), however other packages may have a more complete out-of-the-box experience for this use case.

1 Like

I smashed my head for several weeks trying to find a solution OR this answer. Is this information in the documentation? I’ve failed to find it if there is (It would be less of a pain for newcomers).

Apart from that, what a great job you made, cause, problems and all, I still managed to get a result somehow acceptable in a platformer. That means, the package is great and an ease to learn. I hope my game ideas cross path with this in a near future.

Thank you!

There’s a mention of it in the 2D pathfinding page: Pathfinding in 2D - A* Pathfinding Project

1 Like